Wednesday

Sweetie Cutie MONALISA





She has got such a cute smile every guy will fall in love with. She's our dreamgirl, One and Only Monalisa ;)

Monalisa, the diva of bangladesh started off with miss photogenic 2000. Primarily a model, she has played several roles in dramas and telefilms. She is a trained dancer and has done several shows on stage. She is the heart throb of many in bangladesh and is considered the most beautiful model of the country. She is particularly famous for her amazing smile :)

Personal Info:

  • Birthday: 6th October
  • Favourite movie: Rehna hain tere dil main
  • Favourite singer: Habib, Bappa Mazumder, Asif, Tahsan and Ornob amongst others.
  • Favourite food: fish and vegetables
  • Favourite colour: Pink & White
  • Philosophy in life:If you do good deeds today you will reap its benefits in the future
  • Favourite spot: Cox's Bazaar & Italy






Monalisa has firm views about success. In her words, "Success is achieving what you set out to do. But I haven't got to that stage yet. Success is very important to me. I don't think any human being sets out in life to be a failure."























Beginning as a ramp model, Monalisa became popular for her outstanding appearance in television commercials that included cosmetics, soft drinks, dress materials, and electronic goods. Monalisa is also a promising actress of the small screen. She has acted in television plays including Bayosh Jokhon Ekhush, Kagojer Phool, Putro Daae and Humayun Ahmed's Trisna. Coming up next for Monalisa is Chayonika Chowdhury's ambitious venture Eid-ul-Fitr's special drama Akasher Shokal Shondha where she plays the character of a model.

Monalisa stepped into the media as a model in 1997. "My first scheduled performance as a professional model on television was just after I turned 15," says Monalisa. She has modeled for the commercials of Lilly beauty soap, Fizz-Up, Fair and Lovely, Meril Lemon Soap, Swan Coconut Oil, Jhony Print Saree, Toshiba Colour Television and many more.


She has received several awards such as Bangladesh Reporters Association award, BIMA Award from London, Dhallywood award from America, Channel-i performance award, Meril Daily Prothom Alo award 2002. "I was really happy and extremely emotional when I went up on stage to receive my Meril Daily Prothom Alo award 2002. At the same time I was in tears. That was certainly one of the most unforgettable days in my life," reminisces Monalisa.












She says, "Though I took part in all the extra-curricular activities such as dramatics, dance and singing competitions in school and college, I never missed out on my studies. I am quite a spirited girl and I put in my best. My work in the media was appreciated and I knew I would make a mark." Recently she has completed her H.S.C examination.



Ask about how she spends her free time, a smiling Monalisa says, "I love dancing and that's what I do whenever I'm free. I put on the music in my room and dance till I'm beat! My mother often screams from outside asking me to open the door."

Talking about her hopes and aspirations, Monalisa states, "I want all of us to work together to make our country a better place. Every morning each one of us should pledge to accomplish at least one noble deed and improve the society. We must accept people the way they are, and not judge them according to their religion and class. It's necessary to empathise with the less fortunate."



About her future plans, she explains, "I would like to get involved in business. I want to be known as a performer not a star. A lot of people have pinned their hopes on me, signed me on. All this means a lot of responsibilities. I will have to live up to their expectations. I promise to give it my best."










6 comments:

  1. you are very cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. amar eche chilo monalisha k bie korar kinto kothay pabo

    ReplyDelete
  3. shes butters (average)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Muhammad Aslam Gujjar (Islamabad Pakistan)August 21, 2009 at 10:56 AM

    Lovely face.Attractive one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please R jai koro, biye koro na.

    ReplyDelete